Sunday, June 10, 2012

Taiwan Visa Requirements for Filipinos, and my mishap :s

Hello you!


Its my first time to get a visa, I was shocked the I need a visa for Taiwan, I thought Filipinos are exempted. Well, sometimes no, if you have any US/Schengen visa, just fill up a form online and you're exempted. 


If yes, just like me, we need to go to the Taiwan Embassy in Makati to get one.


How to get there
If you're not on a haste and cheap route (MRT + Walk)
1. Take MRT Station upto MRT Ayala (15 php)
2. Walk your way out up to the Taiwan Embassy. Pass by SM Makati, Glorietta, Landmark, Greenbelt, Bridgeway, HSBC Building, Underpass to go to the other side of the road of Ayala Ave (30minutes - will try to provide detailed description in another post)
3. Then walk straight to reach the RCBC plaza (10mins).


If you're not on a haste and rather take a bus than walk (MRT + BUS)
1. Take MRT Station upto MRT Shaw(15 php)
2. Take Ayala Bus, and ask the conductor if it'll pass by Paseo de Roxas, tell him to drop you there, infront of Robinsons Summit Building (12php - 30minutes)
3. Then walk straight to reach the RCBC plaza (10mins).


If you dont want to waste time (MRT + Taxi)
1. Take MRT Station upto MRT Shaw(15 php)
2. Take a taxi upto RCBC Plaza in Ayala Ave (20mins - 100php)


If you have the moolah to spend just take a taxi from your place and say RCBC Plaza in Ayala Ave, Makati. It'll cost around 100 to 400php, depending on your location.


Ok, so I took the cheapest route, cause I'm also worried that it might be traffic in Ayala and I can walk fast. Got my COE around 11:30 (office is very near TECO), then walked to RCBC arrived 11:40. It took me two underpass, to reach the building.


From their website its 11:45, but alas, the receptionist at the ground floor said its 11:30 :( Well it was okay, cause unlucky things like this happens, so YOU, make sure you're one hour earlier to avoid this kind of mishap.


Office hours for the consular affairs: Monday – Friday 08:45 – 16:45,(morning: filing, afternoon: releasing) noon break 11:45 – 13:45
Address: 41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200, Metro Manila, Philippines


I just asked the receptionist to help me verify my requirements, and she agreed to let me go to the 41st floor, and go to the information counter. I also miss two requirements, my payslip and a photocopy of my company ID, so meaning, I need to go back on Monday either way haha! :)


Anyway here are the requirements to submit:
1. Passport
2. NSO Birth Certificate
3. Certificate of Employment
4. SSS ID
5. Ticket Confirmation Document
6. Payslip
7. Company ID
8. Photocopy of the above 7 Requirements for submission
9. 2 1.5x1.5 Passport Photos, White Background


 You can check the requirements provided by TECO here.


See you in the next blog post!
anythingraine


Do you have any question about this post? or anything just email me :) anythingraine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment